The garden's terraces and vista are inspired by French Baroque gardens, such as Vaux-le-Vicomte.
These were restored in the 18th century and the parterre was designed in the 1840s by WA Nesfield.
Balcaskie gardens include three broad terraces aligned on the Bass Rock, the famous landmark of the River Forth.
The estate’s head gardener collaborates with the National Trust
for Scotland (NTS), opening the gardens to the public each year
under the Scotland’s Gardens scheme, which has supported
the NTS Gardens Fund since 1952 and now supports many
other charities annually.